Philippines is a nice distinctive place to visit. With its tropical weather and excellent varieties of beaches and resorts, anyone would easily fall in love with this wonderful country located in the south eastern part of Asia.
My experience of stay in the Philippines makes me want to plan an immediate return for another vacation. If you are thinking of traveling to the Philippines, you should definitely be a little familiar with its main city capital called Manila. This is where you will most likely plan your flight arrival destination to end up at.
Finding cheap flights to Manila is not that easy, you need to do researching as well as planning ahead of time. Flights to other local airport destinations may not be cheaper since manila is the main capital of the country. So, almost all international flights are routed thru the city’s Ninoy International Airport, thus, more scheduled flights and much lesser expenses for airline companies.
However, Cebu Mactan International Airport has been gaining international flights already. At the time of this writing, they have 6 regular direct international flights. Taipei is the most recently added trip to their list of scheduled flights, and is scheduled for at least twice a week. It maybe a little expensive compared to a Manila flight, but if you intend to go anywhere near Cebu area like Bohol or somewhere around the Visayas region, then it would be a fairly good option to take advantage at. Another international Airport would be in Davao which has 3 international daily scheduled flights, to Singapore, to Koror Palau, and to Manado Indonesia.
Airfares are usually the most expensive part of a vacation trip, next to it would be hotel accommodations, this is why most of those who plan to visit the Philippines would surely want to go after those cheap flights to Manila. Nevertheless, once you arrive in the country, most of the things you will find there have adequately cheap prices, like food, transportation, souvenir items, clothing stuffs, and other accessories you may want to buy, way much cheaper compared to buying the same things from other countries.
Further more tips in finding cheap flights to Manila would be:
• Asking for quotations from travel agencies.
• Surfing the internet to compare and get the best rates out there.
• If you are from USA, then there are lots of Filipino agents selling cheap airfares to Manila, do try asking for them around your neighborhood.
• Planning ahead on specific dates will give you bigger savings.
• Most airlines offer huge discounts if booked earlier, but you must be sure about the schedule of your flight, otherwise you may end up getting charged for more should you request to cancel or change your flight schedule later on.
• Some companies give discounts if you pay them via credit card, you should take advantage of such offer.
• Other companies even accept travel mileage points to cover for your airfare.